EEHASlogo

Epsom & Ewell History

& Archaeology Society

Archaeological Papers

Our intention is to offer access to papers that have been written on sites in Epsom and Ewell for general dissemination. This is a work in progress and more will be added in due course.

Prehistoric and Roman Settlement in

 Reigate Road, Ewell: fieldwork conducted

 by Tom K Walls 1945-52

 

Jonathan Cotton

 

with contributions by

Kay Hartley, Pat Nicholaysen, Rosemary Powers and David Williams

 

This article was published in Surrey Archaeological Collections, Vol. 88, 2001 (pages 1-42) and is reproduced here by kind permission of Surrey Archaeological Society and the author. It may only be used for teaching and research purposes and may not be reproduced for any other purpose without prior consent.

 

SyAC88 pg1-10 SyAC88 pg11-19 SyAC88 pg20-30 SyAC 88 pg31-42

Gazetteer of Romano-British Archaeological Finds

in Ewell 

 

Charles Abdy and Graham Bierton

 

This gazetteer was published in Surrey Archaeological Collections, Vol. 84, 1997 (pages123-141) and is reproduced here by kind permission of Surrey Archeological Society and the authors. It may be used for teaching and research purposes and may not be reproduced for any other purpose without prior consent.

Gazetteer RB archaeological finds on Ewell Woodgate

 

St Mary's No.5 Churchyard, Ewell (ECY00)

An Archival Report

 

Clive Orton

 

An excavation took place in the field adjacent to Churchyard no. 4 in Ewell village in 2000, led by Professor Clive Orton.  Whilst this field was named No.5 Churchyard in 2000 it is the same site as Church Meadow (excavated 2012-14). You can access the archival report through the links below:

 

                    Chapter 1

 

                    Chapter 2

 

                    Chapter 3

 

                    Chapter 4